[Design-team] What to do with start.fp.o?

Elad elad at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 20 13:17:24 UTC 2011

2011/6/20 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>

> On Sat, 2011-06-18 at 06:22 +0000, Catalin wrote:
> > My ideas , create some short articles with this subjects:
> >
> > * Why Fedora it is different from other distro ?
> > * What benefits come with this distribution ?
>
> A lot of this material is already available on fedoraproject.org, so
> maybe those articles could be highlighted?
>
> ~m

IMO, if someone has already downloaded and installed fedora, there is no
reason to push these stuff in the user's face. Instead, we can either:
1) Show useful information for new users (starter guides, "next steps" are
some good examples)
2) Show the default firefox homepage (about:home)
3) Show fedoraproject.org
4) Show useful information for existing users (eg. one page release notes)
With an option to combine 1 and 4.

--
-Elad.