[Design-team] Votes open! Wallpaper Design Stage 1 Complete!

Onyeibo Oku twohotis at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 18:17:45 UTC 2011

On 06/19/2011 02:07 AM, María Leandro wrote:
> Hello Designers, Ninjas, Aliens and Pandas!
>

> I'm glad to inform you that our first stage is now over, so this means
> that we have complete our sketches period! Now comes the time to set a
> proper priority to start our Colorize Stage (Stage 2) and give color
> and live to this awesome draws.
>
> We will have until July 05 to end our second stage (Colorize) so that
> give us 17 days to play with our imagination and give love to this
> draws. Remember, this vote is not to choose a wallpaper, but instead
> to give us a prior list to work with them and try to arrange our time
> to finish them all. One of the ideas that Design team had is to use
> all (or almost all) our wallpapers in a special package based on
> Verne's artwork. We have never had that much artwork, so is fare
> enough to use it!
>
> === How we will vote? ===
> Simply give us your top five draws (please, if you feel that some need
> more color don't see that, see concepts and vote based on that).
> Each Art piece has a number, just make click on the image you like and
> send us the last number of that URL
>
> Example:
> http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/47
> Vote = 47
>

> Artwork Designs to vote for:
> *http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/list*
>
> === Where we will vote? ===
> Anywhere!!! That's the amazing about internet. Send a reply to this
> mail with your top five, send a twitter/identi.ca <http://identi.ca>
> message with the hashtag #FedoraArt or just ping me at IRC and let me
> know your votes.
>
> === Until when is the vote? ===
> Until our weekly meeting (which is Tuesday at 19UTC)
>
> === What will artist do in the mean time? ===
> Draw!!!! Colorize!!!! Polish!!!!
> I will keep coloring as many draws as I can trying to increase votes!
>
> Please, blog about this, call your friends... spread! Remember that
> our wallpaper is the face of fedora, and we all want it to be the best!
>

> === Further info ===
> I would like to explain a little why are we doing this and Pro's Con's
> of this new initiative:
>
> Pro's:
> * We are in time!!! one of our common problems are that the artistic
> process sometimes takes more than it should, so having a schedule like
> this give us time to know where we are and what we should do
> * We can divide and conquer! Artist can't do everything, but we can
> divide our tasks and conquer the world. Using human resources based on
> their best skills lets us set us realistic-goals based on what people
> can do, knowing how much can we push them.
> * We know when and where! We have a detailed schedule and know what to
> do in each stage; so there is no way to be lost without something to
> do. Also, we have an awesome place to put all our artwork and get some
> interesting feedback (Artboard)
>
> Con's:
> [...]

*My votes:*
---------------
/(in order of preference)
=> 46
=> 50
=> 37/

*Comments:*
------------------
/(46) /The smoke, perspective and general concept of 46 is perfect.  49
is an attempt to give it life but I think this one needs to be 3D art
for ease.  (As though that will be easy ...).  Anyway, it will be easier
to touch-up than drawn from scratch.  I see a lot of potentials here ...
in fact, I might as well start the modelling right away. Disclaimer: I'm
not yet good with texturing but its one adventure worth taking.

/(50)/ Almost there.  Add haze, water density, caustics, some sea life
and its awesome.

/(37)/ This is fantastic.  Are we now going brown????   Looks
suspiciously like an Ubuntu wallpaper.  Can we make that blue.

I can't think of more ... so mine ends at three

Nice work

/Regards
*Onyeibo Oku*
(twohot)/