[Design-team] Meeting minutes, 01 Mar 2011

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 2 14:30:14 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

Here's our meeting minutes:

http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design/2011-03-01/fedora-design.2011-03-01-20.00.html

Mo-summary:

= F15 supplemental wallpapers =

* The Fedora 15 supplemental wallpaper submissions deadline is very,
very close (March 7). At our next meeting (March 8) we will decide the
wallpapers we'll be including.

* Please, if you or anyone you know has artwork or photography that
would make a great wallpaper, please encourage them to submit ASAP. Here
are the URLs:

** Submit via wiki:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F15_Artwork_Supplemental_Wallpapers_Submissions

** Submit via Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/fedora-wallpapers/

* Tatica reviewed some of the pieces at
http://www.flickr.com/groups/freewallpapersvenezuela/ and contacted the
photographers for relicensing for Fedora.

= F15 Wallpaper =

* Tatica has been hard at work doing another iteration for the
(non-GNOME) wallpaper. Here's a mockup to show the progress:

** http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/Themes/F15/sky-background1.png

* All of the source SVGs and work-in progress are here:

** http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/Themes/F15/

* Some elements and the work needed on them:

** steampunk bird
http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/Themes/F15/bird-steampunk.png <= needs
work on lower part of body and shadows

** living bird
http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/Themes/F15/bird1-b-mock.png <= needs work
on textures

** composition idea: the composition is going to be changed to only have
one tree, similar to
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/133/cache/cherry-blossom-tree-monument_13301_990x742.jpg

= Design Hackfest =

After that we basically had some informal chat and worked on the
wallpaper together.