[Design-team] Great work, twohot!

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 12:09:31 UTC 2011

Hello!!

On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 09:02 +0100, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
> Thanks Duffy,
>
> Well, that picture doesn't quite capture it.  Looks like Ankur
> doctored the image and lost some quality in an attempt to make the
> recipient's info discrete.  I see strange pixel contrasts at the
> top-left ... like a colour treatment or an enhancement curve was
> applied ... might need some gaussian smoothing.   Finally, the print
> looks washed-out like he is out of print toner (I wouldn't be
> surprised ... that guy works so hard :) ).

Lol! Well, I've used one of the blurs in GIMP to blur the address (can't
let the address go public ;)), then I shrunk it from a 5 megapixel image
to 25% using "convert" from ImageMagick before uploading. (Yes, I'm no
designer "what in heaven's name is gaussian smoothing!?!" :P)

> I know Ankur saw the real thing.  We need to improve on that
> bitmap/picture to encourage Freemedia Guys to use the mailer.  I'm
> actually thinking of running some prints on art-paper -- make it look
> very intentional (more eye-candy would mean an automated  addressing)

I did indeed see the real thing :D They are going to ship either today
or tomorrow !!

It would be great if one of you pros could release an image to encourage
the community to use it.