[Design-team] F15 Beta and Artwork

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 11 14:37:25 UTC 2011

hi Martin,

On Fri, 2011-03-11 at 08:44 +0100, Martin Sourada wrote:

> I've just noticed a few things:
> * beta wallpaper is due next tuesday (15th March), same as verified
>   selection of supplementary wallpapers (submission period is supposed
>   to be closed already). How are things on this front?

Tatica has been working on the beta wallpaper and can give a status
update there; we didn't do the supplementary wallpaper selection yet.

> * initial anaconda, firstboot and splashes are due next tuesday as
>   well. Anyone working on these?

No, we need a hero. Any takers?

> Plus, we've got a bug in bugzilla that our wallpaper isn't default in
> gnome in F15. This brings out the following question: how things stand
> with desktop team? Are we supposed to leave the gnome 3 default
> wallpaper untouched there or are we going to use our wallpaper there as
> well?

What we decided is:

- We'll have a main wallpaper design

- We'll do a version of the wallpaper that has stripes for GNOME but it
will have elements from the main wallpaper design

This is something the Board told us is okay.