[Design-team] Who I am

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 11 19:45:20 UTC 2011

Hi Mathew!

On Sat, 2011-05-07 at 00:10 +0100, Mathew Hanley wrote:
> I'm in my spare time, always on photoshop, creating artwork when I'm
> bored, most of it is quite good some is bad (or perhaps I'm being big
> headed) I'm also a Devient artist (if that is the correct term) my
> work can be found here
> http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=mathew-s-hanley
> I would be willing to donate some of my work for backgrounds and would
> also create shell replacement etc what ever is requested really to be
> honest I'm up for anything.

Welcome to the team! Are you familiar with Inkscape? (www.inkscape.org )
I ask because you might be interested in this ticket:

https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/181

Basically we need an 'appreciation certificate' designed with a Fedora
logo on it. It seems like Inkscape would be the right tool for the job.
You'll want to use an open source font (any of the fonts installable in
Fedora are fine, or you can look through some others at
theleagueofmoveabletype.com or through these blog posts for examples of
other okay fonts:

http://mairin.wordpress.com/category/unpackaged-font-of-the-week/

What do you think?