[Design-team] Fudcon EMEA

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon May 16 13:00:23 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 12:56:47PM +0200, Storari Samuele wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> it's been a long time since last my email on this mailing list, but I've
> heard FUDCon EMEA is coming to Italy and the Italian ambassadors and I want
> to help in the best way to make the event possible.
>
> I've never been involved in FUDCon preparations (I saw some banners,
> t-shirts, etc...), and I hope I can help doing something.
>
> Do you already have some ideas for the FUDCon Milan 2011?
>
> Let me know and see you soon! (Maybe we can schedule a meeting in irc..
> can't we?)
>
> Ciao
> Samuele

Hi Samuele, nice to see you back here!  A couple things you could
think about far in advance:

* A design for a FUDCon banner similar to what you see at the top of
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Panama_2011 (or other
  FUDCons).  You could incorporate something about Italian
  architecture, the Milan skyline, or some other idea of your own
  devising!

* A t-shirt design with something representative of cultural
  significance in Milan.  Here's what Emily Dirsh did for the Tempe
  event: http://blogs.fedoraproject.org/wp/designteam/?p=18

I'm not an expert on such things, but I recall that you need to use
just a couple colors so the T-shirt printing doesn't get too
expensive.  And of course you should feel free to consult with
everyone here and in the local planning team to come up with great
ideas.  I know you'll come up with something awesome and I look
forward to seeing it!

Red Hat Summit/JBossWorld -- Register now!  http://.theredhatsummit.com