[Design-team] F15 wallpaper 0-day update

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed May 18 08:36:22 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, May 18, 2011 09:03:47 AM Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 16:31 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > I'm going to work on some polish updates to the non-GNOME 3 wallpaper
> > for F15 to put in for a zero-day update. I am going to try to get them
> > done by Thursday AM to get packaged and pushed. Let me know if you have
> > any ideas on finishing the design; I'll post updates on what I've got
> > here to the list as I crank them out.
>
> Attached is what I came up with so far... the source is a big xcf.gz,
> I'll hopefully be able to upload it in the AM.

Hi!
Thanks for a new design but unfortunatelly it's too late - or at least - do not
push it for Plasma Workspaces as it will break KDM and especially KSplash design
(it would be strange to see flying leaves on top of flames ;-). It could probably
work - I can remove leaves but I don't like the idea of touching it for 0 day
updates and especially to have completely different look for final and updated
Fedora.

But this and the nearly original F15 wp leads me to another thing - already
discussed here - as the meaning of wp changed over time - we should consider
simple designs - for both Gnome Shell, Plasma Active etc. as it should not
interact with on-screen content.

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>