[Design-team] F15 wallpaper 0-day update

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed May 18 13:58:46 UTC 2011

On Wed, 18 May 2011 09:22:19 -0400
Máirín Duffy wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 15:15 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > Erm, how to say it, ... I agree more or less with Kevin and
> > Jaroslav - if doing default wallpaper update post-GA, it should be
> > at most on a comparable amount with bug fixes to software -- i.e.
> > no changes to the general design, only fixing glitches or general
> > polish. The proposed change is IMHO not acceptable + I also like
> > the current version (with moon, stars, winter looking tree, falling
> > leaves and two birds) more.
>
> The current wallpaper is clearly not finished.

Still there's absolutely no need to go out of your way and design
something completely different. Think of the message it would send.
Plus I believe it would send the already half-dead (exaggeration)
design team to the nether world (again exaggeration; "The desktop team
does not care about us and now even our team leader does not care what
we do, so why should we even bother doing anything?" <-- That would be
the message it would send to at least some design team members).

Please don't take it offensively, I just don't feel that throwing
something - that was already done and that will be present on every
Fedora 15 Review that does feature other than gnome desktops - out is
the way to go, irrespective of what change in quality it delivers. As I
already said, if you feel there's something wrong with current
wallpaper quality (I said what I think could be improved some months
ago, but sadly I have neither the HW power nor skills to improve that
myself), focus on how to fix it without changing the general design.
The supposed updated wallpaper should look at first glance very similar
to what we have now.

Martin