[Design-team] Artboard test server available & design challenge

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 19 05:27:28 UTC 2011

Hi Kirk,

On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 21:39 -0700, Kirk Bridger wrote:
> I'm still quite new to the mailing list and am working on my first
> task.  So please bear with me as I expose my newbness for a moment
> here.  But what exactly are you looking for us to do?  I'm not
> familiar with what an imageboard system is, nor what I can do with it.
> How does this help us collaborate?
>
> Sorry for the newb moment, but I'm not sure what's being asked here.

Totally fair question! The idea with an image board here is that you can
upload sketches, mockups, ideas, etc., and then post the URL in IRC,
identi.ca, here on the list, wherever, and get feedback on the design.
People can leave comments directly on your design so you can have all
the feedback stored in one place. With this particular imageboard, there
is also a field for 'source' so you can copy/paste your source URL for
folks to download and play with themselves. It also can accept and
render SVGs (although I'm not sure how great its rendering is.)

Make sense? I think it would help because it's much less overhead / pain
than having to upload stuff to fedorapeople or the wiki, and it makes it
much easier both to comment on pieces and to find artwork you're
interested in.