[Design-team] Fudcon EMEA

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 19 14:31:52 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 15:24 +0200, Jef van Schendel wrote:
> Maybe we can use this as an opportunity to teach people about Milan? :)
>
> Also, the Tower of Pisa and the Colosseum are *always* used when
> talking about Italy, you know? Might be fun to use something else for
> a change.

I think it's cool to use a lesser-known highlight - for Boston FUDcon
'08 when we first started using the 'landmark' artwork, we used the
prudential tower in boston. If you don't live in Boston you might not
know anything about it, but it's something you'd recognize in the
skyline if you are in the city. Similarly, if the Duomo is a landmark in
Milan, people who actually attend the conference will probably come
across it while there, even if they don't know about it beforehand.

Also, aren't these other monuments folks are talking about outside of
Milan? I think it's better to focus on Milan.

Just my stupid opinion.