[Design-team] Sparkleshare set up for design team files!

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed May 25 06:22:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, 24 May 2011 16:23:08 -0400
Máirín Duffy wrote:

> On Sat, 2011-05-21 at 13:23 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 16:53 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > > I'm in the process of copying all of our shared files from
> > > fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam over into the Sparkleshare
> > > repo. Once that's finished, I think it would make sense to remove
> > > the files from our groups directory, and find another use for it.
> > > I will reply to this message once all of our files are available
> > > in the Sparkleshare repo.
> >
> > This finished... it is 1.7 GB o_O
> >
> > https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/browser/designteam
>
> Has anyone gotten a chance to try Sparkleshare yet? [1] I haven't
> gotten any feedback and I haven't seen any commits other than mine.

Hrm, looking at the wiki page [1] I have basically two concerns
 * it uses the same git repo we use for wallpaper packaging -- do you
   realize that thanks to that, people working on that will need to
   fetch the "whole" git repo? Same goes for sparkle share itself. The
   good thing about fedorapeople was that I didn't need to download all
   the "garbage" along with the stuff I want. Plus, I know it is
   mentioned on the wiki, but I still fear people will mess up the
   *-backgrounds directories...
 * it works only in nautilus, elsewhere you're just on your own (well,
   it's basically a convenient frontend to git) -- do you realize that
   not all contributors use Gnome (especially since F15)? I for one use
   xfce...

Martin