[Design-team] Sparkleshare set up for design team files!

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed May 25 12:42:33 UTC 2011

On Wed, 25 May 2011 14:03:56 +0200
Martin Sourada wrote:

> On Wed, 25 May 2011 07:55:32 -0400
> Máirín Duffy wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 08:22 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> > >  * it works only in nautilus, elsewhere you're just on your own
> > > (well, it's basically a convenient frontend to git) -- do you
> > > realize that not all contributors use Gnome (especially since
> > > F15)? I for one use xfce...
> >
> > Curious, do you know this for a fact or are you writing this based
> > on my email to Danny? Because I seriously have no idea. It works on
> > OS X, and there's no nautilus on OS X, so there is a chance it could
> > work in KDE.
> >
> Based on the wiki page you referenced. I'll take a peek whether
> nautilus is hard or soft dependency and report back :)

So, I tried installing it on XFCE. Apparently it should work without
nautilus. However I have trouble making it work:

[14:32:01][Cmd] /usr/bin/git clone \
"ssh://git@git.fedorahosted.org/git/design-team.git" \
"/home/mso1/SparkleShare/.tmp/design-team" \
Permission denied (publickey).

As you see it insists on using "git" user name. I need "mso" for it to
work :-(

Even if that worked, I'd still not have enough space where it
tries to copy the repo. I need to tell it to clone to different place.
How?

[OT RANT]
And final nitpicking. It's written in C#?! Ugh. Can't people use sane
languages instead of weird bas.ard child of C++, Java and M$? I'm
really starting to feel that people at GNOME are heading in the exactly
opposite direction than I'd like in more ways than one.
[/OT RANT]

Martin