[Design-team] Sparkleshare set up for design team files!

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 25 14:17:56 UTC 2011

Sorry for breaking the thread; I'm not getting any more mails from this
mailing list for some odd reason.

> So, I tried installing it on XFCE. Apparently it should work without
> nautilus. However I have trouble making it work:
>
> [14:32:01][Cmd] /usr/bin/git clone \
> "ssh://git@git.fedorahosted.org/git/design-team.git" \
> "/home/mso1/SparkleShare/.tmp/design-team" \
> Permission denied (publickey).
>
> > As you see it insists on using "git" user name. I need "mso" for it to
> > work :-(

1) This error has absolutely nothing to do with XFCE vs GNOME vs KDE.

2) You can simply put your username @ in the field for the repo location. So you can do mso at foobar.baz/qux.git
and it will use the 'mso' username. You can also go into the .git/config directory of the repo and change it there.

> Even if that worked, I'd still not have enough space where it
> tries to copy the repo. I need to tell it to clone to different place.
> How?

Do you just want the backgrounds? I am very happy to set up a separate repo (maybe 'fedora-backgrounds' ?) for them if as maintainer you are okay with that.

I have been in the process of trying to set up a clone of the repo in our fedorapeople/groups/designteam space so individual files could be downloaded without a full clone, but I still have a few issues to work out.

> And final nitpicking. It's written in C#?! Ugh. Can't people use sane
> languages instead of weird bas.ard child of C++, Java and M$? I'm
> really starting to feel that people at GNOME are heading in the exactly
> opposite direction than I'd like in more ways than one.
> [/OT RANT]

Please, no: Not here.