[Design-team] F17 Artwork

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 11:55:40 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I started preparing the needed wiki infra for F17 artwork. Name is
already done, F16 is behind the doors so we should start working on it,
right? However, there were some changes recently to what is needed and
to our workflow, so I'd like to first check how we'd like to manage
Beefy Miracle's artwork and what will be done.

So first, I suppose we'd be doing:
 * Default Wallpaper:
   - Split into concept phase, alpha phase, beta phase and final phase.
   - Will we use wiki or artboard?
 * Supplemental Wallpapers:
   - Will we keep the [unintentional] every-even-release selection, or
     will we try to make the selection for each release?
 * Banners:
   - Alpha release;
   - Beta release;
   - counter;
   - Final release;
   - Screenshot tour or whatever is put on our front page after
     release?
 * CD/DVD Sleeves;
 * posters:
   - Does it make sense to include release party and other related
     marketing material on release artwork wiki page?
 * Banners and splashes:
  - I suppose all of the should be general now, right? Are they
    finished and looking nice?
  - What do we use for plymouth? Is it synced with KDE splash look?
  - What about DM themes? KDM is themed generally, only with BG picture
    to change, or does it carry some theme specific theme still?
  - It would be probably good idea to review the boot sequence of our
    desktop spins (GNOME, KDE, XFCE, LXDE) if the splashes and themes
    shown are consistent, release independent and at most carry a
    release specific wallpaper as background.

Anything else? Anything wrong?

And of course for all artists: start working on your concept
submissions! ;-)

Cheers,
Martin