[Design-team] cd/dvd sleeves f16

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 9 10:09:29 UTC 2011

Am Samstag, den 08.10.2011, 21:39 -0400 schrieb Máirín Duffy:
> On Sat, 2011-10-08 at 19:40 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> >       * In the past we repeatedly had problems with the artwork provided
> >         because it did not match the specifications of the company. The
> >         biggest problem usually is the printed margin around the actual
> >         sleeve that is used for folding and gluing. I had to rework most
> >         of the sleeves and I need more time in case something goes
> >         wrong.
>
> Do you have any spec sheets for the printers you're talking to?

It depends on the vendor and not on the printers. In the past we used
MediaBit here in Germany and their specs are available at
http://www.mediabit.de/?id=1198

Sleeves:
http://www.mediabit.de/uploads/media/abmessungen_kartonstecktasche_rechts_02.pdf
Disk labels (never caused problems):
http://www.mediabit.de/uploads/media/labelspezifikationen_produktionen_02.pdf

However this time we probably will use another vendor. Not all have
their specs published, so our approach is to send them the artwork and
ask if it's fine for them or if they require changes.

We will make a decision about the vendor this week and I'll try to
provide their specs ASAP.

Thanks for your help,
Christoph