[Design-team] Logo: FUDcon Blacksburg

María Leandro tatica at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 15 11:38:41 UTC 2011

> Okay, I am assuming then since you haven't indicated otherwise that it
> is okay to move forward with the design we'd already worked out, so as
> noted above I'll update the ticket with that and take ownership for
> getting Ben's final approval on the logo specifically.

Tickets are already open, a while ago, but stop until logo is aproved by
Ben.

> > All those tickets are already open (a while ago) and communication
> > happens since tickets send a reminder through mail and IRC :)
>
> It seems a lot of discussion has been happening about this (and other
> fudcon-related projects) outside of the ticket system so the automated
> ticket comment notifications would not have been much help. (I'm just as
> guilty of this as anybody else.)

Not too much really, with FUDcon India I have been only help, local team has
done everything, same with Milan. With Blacksburg we have time, but things
have been a bit rush (for logo and after people give their feedback) flyers
since Ben want to make a campaing at Vtec fast (a couple in fact).

Same with other meetings, everyone is invited as I said, I have only been
atent to other tasks since mine where finish or solved by other team
members.

> Should we be treating the ticket system as the canonical place to have
> discussions then? I see discussions scattered across this mailing list,
> IRC, other mailing lists, and even Google Docs (I think this is a very
> bad habit and is not open source)... it makes it harder for folks to
> participate or even just follow along when it's not clear what's going
> on and where it's happening.

That's Milans particular issue, even if everyone wanted to dialogue with
them and make them use the regular channels, has been almost imposible. I
only got Samuele to send a mail to all mail list after he went back from
vacations, updates are on the mail list already. The rest has been openly,
and I hope Blacksburg be too.

> Do folks get ticket mails for all team tickets or only the tickets
> they're cc'ed on? (If the latter that solution could be an issue?)
>
> What does everybody else think?
>
> > Be the owner of a ticket doesn't mean that is the only one that can do
> > it, once again, that's why we are a team.... right?
>
> It doesn't. It does mean, however, the person who owns the ticket should
> be communicated with so we're all on the same page and don't duplicate
> efforts. A ticket-owner doesn't necessarily have to be the one doing the
> artwork but I think they should be the one pushing the project forward
> and making sure it happens at the very least; if that isn't happening
> though, and there's a ticket you're interested in working on, it's good
> to reassign the ticket to yourself (after communicating with the ticket
> owner) so folks know it's not neglected. We can work as a team when
> playing ball, but not everyone can hold the ball at the same time!

Yeah, that's why I have post everymail list, blogs and more, to get feedback
beyond our mail list, tickets and more. Once again, I'm sorry if I made a
mistake.

> > We do what we can mo :)
>
> Much appreciated.
>
> ~m

tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org
LinuxUser= 440285  GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56