[Design-team] F17 Beta Wallpaper touchups

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 25 14:39:46 UTC 2012

Hi Alexander & everybody,

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 01:26 +0400, Alexander Smirnov wrote:
> Oops, I forgot :( to upload source v3 [1]. New version [2] with
> minimal changes, I tried to remove this effect.
>
> [1] - http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora17/Wallpaper/v3/
> [2] -
> http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora17/Wallpaper/v3/F17-fireworks-night-v3-1.png

We use grub2 now with Fedora; we had a lot of trouble theming it last
release because of some bugs / missing fonts. Spot and Peter Jones have
been helping me figure out how to theme it, and we think we got the bugs
fixed and figured it out. I'm going to try to build a grub2 theme using
this artwork to test it out and so Fedora 17's grub splash isn't so ugly
as Fedora 16's was.

I was thinking of maybe taking the fireworks out, and having just a
plain sky, so it's like the fireworks went off by the time you get to
the desktop. If anybody has some other ideas let me know; I'm in
#fedora-design on IRC (mizmo).