[Design-team] Fedora 10 year anniversary logo ideas?

Ryan rlerch at redhat.com
Thu Dec 6 21:46:49 UTC 2012

On Thu 06 Dec 2012 04:41:04 PM EST, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-12-06 at 16:17 -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> Anybody have clever ideas for Fedora's 10th birthday?
>
> Here's one idea I had. I don't know if it's too retro-looking though:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/BjOld.png
>
> SVG is here if you want to play:
>
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/10years/ideas/fedora-10-year.svg
>
> I was also thinking maybe some kind of banner element on it that said
> 2003-2013 or something, but on second thought I thought it might be a
> bad idea: maybe it makes it seem as if Fedora died or something. So I
> didn't put it in there.
>
> What do you think?
>
> ~m

oh, i like that!

we could also do a series of ones like this that show some of the
numbers, like:
(note, most of these stats are made up, we will need to figure them out
:) )
* 2003 - 2013
* 1000 packages -> 11,000 packages
* 5000 contributors
* 140,023 package updates
* ...

i'm sure we could come up with some more :)

-ryanlerch