[Design-team] Fedora Magazine logo ideas

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 16:34:39 UTC 2012

Hi Máirín,

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 17:09:23 -0500
Máirín Duffy wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Here's my first stab at ideas for Fedora Magazine logos; what do you
> think?
>
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/logos/fedoramag/fedora-mag-logos_ideas-1.png
>
> (SVG source is
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/art/logos/fedoramag/fedora-mag-logos_ideas-1.svg
> if you want a play!)

I like the D ideas, basically. I especially like how you can
easily distinguish sections with different letters/colours. I see you
experiment with upper-case letters only, I would be more daring
and try lower-case and a simple shading. The result is

http://mso.fedorapeople.org/designs/fedora-magazine/fedora-magazine.png
http://mso.fedorapeople.org/designs/fedora-magazine/fedora-magazine.svg

In the header the logo could be complete, in headlines or section
beginnings you could include a small variant of the left part.

Martin