[Design-team] Fedora Magazine design!

S.Kemter buergermeister at karl-tux-stadt.de
Fri Dec 14 18:28:01 UTC 2012

Hi,

2012/12/13 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>

> Hey,
>
> I came up with one mockup / idea for Fedora Magazine. This is based on
> the Arras v2 theme that is current installed on our wordpress
> (http://wp-fedoramag.rhcloud.com / http://demo.arrastheme.com/ )
>
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/mockups/fedoramag/fedoramag-mockups-1.png
>
> (the SVG is in the same dir for you to poke at, if it pleases you :) )
>
> I'm not real happy with the main headline area with the Blacksburg photo
> - I think the text is soupy and hard to read. Any ideas on solutions?
>
> I tried to stick to the theme pretty closely so it wouldn't be a ton of
> work to implement. I used Fedora Planet posts as content (except for the
> Blacksburg photo.)
>
> Overall what do you think? Ideas?

I reworked it a little bit

http://artboard.cloud.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/142

main reason is, that we should go for an design where the resolution is
oriented for 780 px width. With the banner over a bigger size you will get
trouble.

Maybe we should consider to use "WordPress Mobile Edition" which comes with
an extra template for mobile devices

br gnokii