[Design-team] Team Improvements

Buddhike Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 10 18:45:47 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

Hello

Good to start a discussion on this.

> We stopped having regular meetings in IRC and gnokii suggested it would
> be good to bring these back, but maybe have two meetings in different
> regions, and maybe have the meetings less frequently so it's easier for
> people to make the meetings.

I like this idea too. Meetings remind that we are a team and we are
alive. Active participation is the concern though.

> What do you think about this? What kind of meeting frequency would you
> like to see? Once a month per region, so we'd have two per month? Every
> other week per region, so one week could be region A, the next week be
> region B, so we'd have weekly meetings but each person would need only
> attend the one for their region (although you can attend the others if
> you want.)

IMO, meetings per month per region would be reasonable. Having
meetings per week is too cumbersome.

> My suggestion for the regions would be North America / LATAM as one
> region and EMEA / APAC as the other region. Does this make sense, or is
> it too wide? Should we do Americas / EMEA as one region and APAC as
> another instead?

I am ok and do hope EMEA and APAC can find a convenient time slot for
this. If so APAC+EMEA would be a good combination :)

> Also, do you have any other suggestions for how we can improve as a
> team? Some ideas I have:
>
> - Setting up a GlitterGallery for the team to replace our artboard
> - Setting up a fresh set of Sparkleshare repos since our old one is too
> big and unwieldy for anybody to use.
>
> Let me know what you think, I think we're doing okay generally but we
> can always improve. Please bring any issues you have to the table so we
> can brainstorm some solutions.

It is good to divide tasks(wranglers?) and monitor them in
releases(Wallpapers, artwork, sleeves, CD/DVDartwork, Tshirts, event
posters, release parties, etc..). (We are doing this but more
organized manner).

--
Regards,
Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)