[Design-team] Examples of GNOME3 HIG apps?

Luya Tshimbalanga luya at fedoraproject.org
Sun Nov 4 03:54:20 UTC 2012

On 03/11/12 12:15 PM, Dave Crossland wrote:

> What I'm hoping to see is examples of _editor_ applications. Off the
> top of my head, the most common editor application classes are:
>
> word processor,
> slide editor,
> spreadsheet editor,
> email editor,
> image editor,
> page layout editor,
> illustration editor,
> 3d model editor,
> audio editor,
> video editor.
>
> Obviously we have some or a lot of such applications in these classes
> already (LibreOffice, Evolution/Thunderbird/Geary, GIMP/Krita/MyPaint,
> Scribus, Inkscape, Blender, Audacity/Jokosher,
> PiTiVi/OpenShot/KDEnlive/Novacut) but none of those have been made
> with the GNOME 3 HIG in mind.
>
> Does anyone know if any of these projects are considering the G3 HIG?
Most of them using GTK2 are currently ported to GTK3 first like Gimp for
the 3.0 release, LibreOffice
(http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/vcl/unx/gtk3),
Inkscape in experimental stage. In addition Gnome 3  HIG guideline is
still incomplete. =( https://live.gnome.org/Design/HIG/GeneralGuidelines

Luya