[Design-team] Fedora audio spin update

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 15:23:28 UTC 2012

On 09/29/2012 09:01 PM, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> On 17/09/12 12:53 AM, Brendan Jones wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Anyway,  I've thrown together a simple background where I think the
>> blue contrasts nicely with the darkness of the caledonia theme. Here
>> are whole screenshots to give some context (the first one was me being
>> lazy with colorize giving the rings, but you get the idea). The wave
>> form is just an idea I have been playing around with. It will probably
>> go. Would love it if people could suggest some ideas or even submit
>> some backgrounds!
>>
>> http://bsjones.fedorapeople.org/fedora-jam-desktop.png
>> http://bsjones.fedorapeople.org/fedora-jam-desktop2.png
>>
>> kind regards,
>>
>> Brendan
>
> Hi Brendan,
> My first impression is the wave is too visible and distracting. How
> about making semi transparent or subtle?

Thanks for the feedback. I think you might be right there. I would like
to do something to the wave that makes it less stark, but I'm not sure
how. Maybe give it a neon feel somehow and drop the opacity like you said.

If anyone wants to have a go I have uploaded the xcf here[1]. I can try
and generate some more aesthetically pleasing waveforms if required...

[1] http://bsjones.fedorapeople.org/fedora-jam-1920-1080.xcf

thanks

Brendan