[Design-team] Fedora logo on the Details panel of the GNOME control center

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 4 14:09:53 UTC 2013

On Thu 04 Apr 2013 09:41:14 AM EDT, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> It's a fair policy, although given that this is merely using the logos
> present in the fedora-logos package as-is (as I understand from Ryan's
> mail), I don't know that this counts as modification.

It does; the context in which the logo is displayed is dictated by the
guidelines just as much as the actual logo graphics themselves. A
specific example of this is the clearspace rule in the logo usage
guidelines. For a specific example - the logo used here has no TM.
There are (very few) contexts in which it's probably okay and we've
gotten appropriate permission to display the logo without a TM, but
it's pretty obvious no such permission was sought when using the
TM-less logo in this instance.