[Design-team] Fedora logo on the Details panel of the GNOME control center

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 14:53:30 UTC 2013

Máirín Duffy (duffy at fedoraproject.org) said:
> On 04/04/2013 10:33 AM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > ... especially since packagers aren't allowed to ship their own versions
> > of any logos.
>
> My team and I are more than happy to discuss any new or modified usages
> of the logo and produce appropriate artwork, getting it added to the
> fedora-logos package as necessary, for any packager who has the need and
> comes to us.

I understand your desire to have input into how the logo is used. My point
is that if the logos provided *as the only logos that software in Fedora
can use* aren't suitable to use as is, it amounts to merely playing "GOTCHA!"
with people who are trying to use the right thing that the design team
has already provided them.

If fedora-logos doesn't provide an actual version of the logomark that
corresponds to the guidelines, it's not the fault of other groups for
using the only version that's there.

Bill