[Design-team] f19 design brainstorm meeting

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 21:47:51 UTC 2013

Hi Mo,

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 16:06:52 -0500
Máirín Duffy wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> On 01/29/2013 01:13 PM, S.Kemter wrote:
> > Spherical Cow is now history for us and Schrödingers Cat is coming.
> > For the cow, we made a meeting for brainstorming for the design and
> > because of that we had a finished design very early.
>
> So we had a discussion today - gnokii, ryanlerch, tatica, luya, and me
> were there. We had two major ideas for visual themes:
>
> - opposition - e.g., Schrödinger's Cat is either dead or alive, or
> dead and alive at the same time.
>
> - boxes - since the cat was in a box, boxes are associated with
> Schrödinger's Cat.
>
> Out of this we came up with a pinboard with different visual ideas:
> https://pinterest.com/mairindubh/fedora-19-schroedinger-s-cat/

Nice. Great work. My favourites so far are
https://pinterest.com/pin/69383650481463286/
https://pinterest.com/pin/69383650481463280/

Especially the first one reminds me (mostly because of the blue hue) of
the first fedora core's wallpapers, it feels nostalgic :)

The combination of bokeh with boxes is IMHO an interesting idea that
works very well for default wallpaper. Does these fall under one of the
major ones? If not why it's not presented -- as I wasn't present at the
brain storming I'm not sure if it's been rejected, or added afterwards,
or ...?

As for the other ideas -- I think they're interesting and could be made
very beautiful, but IMHO they would be too busy for a default wallpaper.

Martin