[Design-team] Packaging wishlist from Design Team

S.Kemter sirko.kemter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 10:27:36 UTC 2013

Hi Luya,

First of all, I am totally happy that you now looking after the Design Spin.
Now I had some time to watch over the list and I have some requests.

* Swatchbooker http://www.selapa.net/swatchbooker/ its a tool for manage
swatches, mostly color sets now, its not active developed but it still
works and is helpful for e.g. converting color palettes from adobe swatch
exchange (*.ase) to *.gpl. Its not packaged yet but thats not a big deal,
its python.

* Phatch http://photobatch.stani.be/ its a batch tool with an GUI where you
can process also EXIF data, its packaged and there is also an nautilus
plugin for it. For that you might maybe skip nautilus-image-converter

* GPick you did already take care of

* Alchemy http://al.chemy.org/ , not easy to describe what it does, it
helps to create a creative chaos where you can work with. Its not really
active deloped but it still works, is also not packaged yet. It uses java
and netbeans

* Evolvotron http://www.bottlenose.demon.co.uk/share/evolvotron/ its a tool
for generate creative patterns. Its not packaged yet should be harder as it
uses c++/QT

* gimp normal map, puiterwijk packaged it now, its for creating normal maps
from images, which u can use for "bump mapping"

* NeoTextureEdit http://neotextureedit.sourceforge.net it helps you to
create seemless textures, for 3D games or blender. Also not packaged yet,
it uses java

* jlipsync http://jlipsync.lamhauge.dk/ or Papagayo
http://www.lostmarble.com/papagayo/index.shtml, both do the same taking a
sound file and try to recognize the phonemes. With help of that tool you
can animate 3D/2D speaking characters. jlipsync bases on java and papagayo
on python, personally I prefer Papagayo but its tricky on 64bit machines as
the development stopped and there are no 64bit versions

* StopMotion http://stopmotion.bjoernen.com/ its a tool for creating stop
motion animations with your camera, it was started once from SkoleLinux but
isnt active developed anymore but it still works.

* Tupi http://www.maefloresta.com/portal/ a tool for doing 2d animations,
but easier to learn and handle as SynfigStudio, puiterwik tries to package
it since a few days

think thats all

br gnokii

make me rich, buy my Inkscape book http://is.gd/yq5OD0 ;)