[Design-team] livecd installer app dark theme

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 15 20:20:11 UTC 2013

Hi jimmac!

On Tue 15 Jan 2013 03:00:34 PM EST, Jakub Steiner wrote:
> I was wondering about the choice of a dark theme for the 'Welcome to > Fedora' app on the livecd. The general guideline is for apps to opt for
> the dark theme only as a mean to avoid "light pollution" to the content > views. This is not the case here.

I think there is an app that pops up and lets you install to disk that
Cosimo wrote - it looks like it only pops up on the GNOME spin. I'm not
aware of anybody on the Fedora design team being involved with it, so
this is likely the wrong place to ask about any design decisions
involving it. I guess talk to Cosimo directly?

> In addition, the choice to install to disk is using a blown up 48x48 tango icon which looks highly inappropriate next to the highres icon. I believe I filed this a long time ago, but can't locate the bug. We have two versions of the icon (branded and unbranded) here if anyone is interested in pursuing a fix --
>

> http://jimmac.fedorapeople.org/fedora/anaconda.zip
> http://jimmac.fedorapeople.org/fedora/anaconda-branded.zip

I can file a bug for this so we get it in next go-round... it would
need to be filed against fedora-logos. I'll cc you on it.