[Design-team] Lack of things in Gimp

Ryan rlerch at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 19:38:36 UTC 2013

On Tue 29 Jan 2013 02:29:30 PM EST, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 02:15:39PM -0500, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> You're probably watching tutorials that have plugins installed. We have
>> a lot of plugins available for Gimp in Fedora, but you have to install
>> them. Do a 'yum search gimp' to see everything and install the ones you
>> like. You can also install Gimp plugins from here:
>> http://registry.gimp.org/
>
> Didn't we used to have a gimp fx-foundry package? What happened to that?

Also, FWIW, it looks like there are only a handful of packaged GIMP
plugins:

* https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/gimp-resynthesizer
* https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/gimp-lqr-plugin
* https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/gimp-fourier-plugin

I personally, am up for helping fixing this, but we would probably need
someone to give us a helping hand on the packaging process :)

cheers,
ryanlerch