[Design-team] Fedora 19 schedule's new home & plans

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Fri Mar 1 13:09:14 UTC 2013

Hi all! (and sorry for post to sooo many lists)
As we already have a final schedule (for a three weeks now) and we're
getting closer to release windmills - I'd like to make the schedule
easy to use for everyone (and that means for me too), to be sure
it makes sense etc. And inform you about recent changes I did to schedule
,plans but also I'm going to ask you for a little assistance.

These are a few changes/or requests for your feedback:
1. from F19, schedule moved to FPGM neutral site [1], you can get
there from standard wiki schedule page.

2. cleanup
Over the time, schedule got messy, some teams are even not aware what
a specific milestone means, why it's there, many times it's historical
relict and even collective memory does not work to remember what's
the reason to have it in schedule. On the other hand, I don't want
to remove anything people still relies on, based on my "common sense".
So please, take a look and let me know (some people already contacted
me and I work it in asap).

3. links in schedule
Thanks to Robyn, with her great TJ foo skillz, I'm now able to link
milestones in schedule to wiki and SOPs. Fedora QA asked for that,
I'll try to match as many as possible by myself but if you want to
link specific event to specific url, let me know.

4. future of scheduling, for F20+
For F19, we used a different way to schedule, based on the scope
of submitted features. It worked quite well from developers POV but
we completely forgot other teams and made the scheduling of theirs
tasks harder. I created a FESCo ticket [2], please take a look
(and comment it if you have ideas!). Also we would like to start
F20 as early as possible so the submission period should start
at F19 branch date (or shortly after) to let people propose the
ideas in advance.

5. new TJ3
And the main goal of the move, cleanups and so on is to jump on TJ3
board - I have initial port done, but a lot of changes are needed
and I'd like to start with TJ3 based schedule from a clean old one.

Btw. with any question, ping me, report ideas to schedule Trac [3]
and you know ;-)

Thanks
Jaroslav

[1] http://fedorapeople.org/groups/schedule