[Design-team] Help increase application metadata for Design / Graphics apps in fedora

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Thu Jul 17 14:28:24 UTC 2014

On 07/17/2014 10:04 AM, Dave Pawson wrote:
> Oh so badly needed... but how to help?
>    How to find out what these apps do? A little bit catch 22?
>
> And in what form do you want the metadata? To an XML schema? Plain text?
>
> regards

Hi Dave,

Yes, the data is saved in an XML file (the format is called appdata). I
have already created stub files in this format for each one in the
appstream repo on github. The wikipage has further details on how to
edit them.

A lot of times, the upstream website, and the data in the packages is
enough to see what the apps do (though i do like installing them too to
see how they work)

cheers,
ryanlerch