[Design-team] Second iteration updates on Fedora.next logos

Sarup Banskota sbanskota08 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 15:12:47 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Onyeibo Oku <twohotis at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2014-06-09 at 05:51 +0530, Sarup Banskota wrote:
> > Hi everyone!
> >

> > I spent some time playing with Inkscape for the first time, and I've
> > once again blogged about the first few logos I've digitized! Awaiting
> > your feedback!
>
> That's an interesting twist to the game!
> I like Strip-C the most.

Thanks for the feedback! Currently, I happen to have gotten feedback on
various mediums (chat, fb, here on the mailing list), but not a lot on the
posts themselves :P

Once more people provide feedback, I'll iterate once more.

As per colours, i have noticed that lime-green, orange and light-purple
> are being marketed the most.  Why is this happening?  What's the
> rationale behind those colours?  Can't we use something that doesn't
> have a psychological connection to other distros?  I immediately think
> SUSE when I see green tech-logos.  Likewise, Ubuntu comes to mind with
> the orange ones.  I think purple will sit well with Servers according to
> my perception of "colour psychology". Perhaps gray will be more amenable
> for Desktop and Sky-blue for Cloud.  Just my thought though.

Even I had the same question about the colors actually.. is there a
specific reason why those colors were chosen? IMO multiple colors is a good
idea when all logos are presented together, but when only one of them is
being displayed, sticking to the Fedora blues might be more relatable.