[Design-team] new Fedora Atomic sub-site - help wanted

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 17 13:02:18 UTC 2015

Hi Matthew,

On 06/17/2015 08:31 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
This calls for a new, separate "http://atomic.fedoraproject.org". I
> don't, however, have anyone lined up to design or create the site
> itself. So, this is a first call for help. :) Is anyone interested /
> able to work on this?

To help fill out some of the needed context here that I'm not seeing on
the wiki page [1] I have some questions -

1) Is the main rationale behind removing atomic from getfedora.org and
separating it out into its own site that the release cycle is much more
rapid? When we originally discussed separating Fedora out into editions,
one of the rationales was that each edition could potentially have a
different release cycle. Has something behind that changed?

2) How does this change the relationship between the Fedora Cloud
edition and the Fedora atomic images, if at all? What is the overall
Fedora Cloud Edition  story in having some components available on
getfedora.org and some on a separate site (atomic.fpo)? Is atomic being
distanced from the Fedora Cloud edition / no longer part of it?

3) Stepping back from even the specifics of the Fedora Cloud edition
story in particular - are we separating "cloud" from "containers"
somehow here? For users coming to Fedora with an interest in cloud, is
atomic.fpo going to be something they will want to know about? For users
coming to Fedora with an interest in containers, is Fedora Cloud Edition
(non atomic images) something of interest to them? Are they going to be
confused picking up docker images from getfedora.org and atomic images
from atomic.fpo?

4) Would Docker images continue to live on getfedora.org/cloud?

5) Do you want cross-referencing between the sites, eg getfedora.org
references atomic.fpo (I'm guessing on getfedora.org/cloud?? and maybe
in the footer?) and atomic.fpo references getfedora.org (i'm guessing to
getfedora.org/cloud??)

I probably have a lot more questions but they'd depend on the above answers.

Thanks,
~m

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Two_Week_Atomic