[Design-team] Professional Graphic designer?

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 19 13:00:14 UTC 2015

On 05/19/2015 08:51 AM, Satyajit Sahoo wrote:
> Inkscape wasn't built specifically for UI design and is a much more
> generic vector editor, so it cannot match a tool made specifically for
> UI design.

I've tried using tools specifically made for UI design but all have
fallen short and been way too restrictive for my tastes. I don't like
doing wireframes in one app and then having to redo them completely to
do a full visual design; with inkscape i can do both in the same file.

> Honestly, export tools in inkscape suck. And you cannot reuse elements
> (you can with linked duplicates, but updating a linked duplicate doesn't
> update original, while the reverse works).

Not true, there's a new symbols feature now (works similar to how
symbols in Macromedia Flash work / worked.)