[Design-team] Professional Graphic designer?

Satyajit Sahoo satyajit.happy at gmail.com
Tue May 19 13:08:31 UTC 2015

On 19 May 2015 at 18:30, Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> I've tried using tools specifically made for UI design but all have fallen
> short and been way too restrictive for my tastes. I don't like doing
> wireframes in one app and then having to redo them completely to do a full
> visual design; with inkscape i can do both in the same file.

Believe me, Sketch is one of a kind. You can edit vector inside Sketch as
it's vector editor too. But the tools and organization is more focused
towards UI design rather than complex icon designs. I've never needed to
redo my designs or adjust them in another tool, except raster images.

> Not true, there's a new symbols feature now (works similar to how symbols
> in Macromedia Flash work / worked.)

There is? In which version? And how do you use it?

On 19 May 2015 at 18:31, Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> There's quite a few of us who use the FLOSS tools without issue. The main
> challenge is if you have to use spot colors; it's possible but a little
> hacky. I find Inkscape and Gimp to be more feature-rich than their
> proprietary cousins.

That is true, but it's always good when things are easier to do. I find
Inkscape much better when doing icons and stuff.

Satyajit Sahoo
UX Designer
Behance Profile <https://www.behance.net/satyajitha28c7>

We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? — The Doctor,
Season 5, Episode 13.