[Design-team] 2 neat things (inkscape/gimp nightlies, new inkscape plugin)

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 6 19:11:53 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

Just two neat pieces of news related to the tools we used that I thought
would be good to share:

1) Alex Larsson has made nightly development builds of Inkscape and Gimp
available using xdg-app. The instructions to install them are here (note
for F22 you'll have to rewrite the "xdg-app add-remote --user
--gpg-import=gnome-sdk.gpg gnome http://sdk.gnome.org/repo/" line to
"xdg-app add-remote --user --no-gpg-verify gnome
http://sdk.gnome.org/repo/")

2) Xaviju Julián from the Inkscape users list developed an extension for
Inkscape that will insert CC0 licensed placeholder images from unsplash
and CC licensed user avatars from uifaces into Inkscape files, see the
upstream link for instructions on how to download and install:

https://github.com/Xaviju/inkscape-placeholder

Enjoy :)