[Design-team] Contributing

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 30 12:30:41 UTC 2015

Hi Philip!

On 09/29/2015 11:47 PM, Philip Friesen wrote:
> I have never contributed to an open source project before, but I really
> like Fedora and have some art/design skills and I would love to
> contribute to this project. I have no formal art training and am
> primarily self taught. I will send an attachment with some examples of
> my work. As well as a link to my DeviantArt profile,
> (http://eagleye31.deviantart.com/) Thank you for your time and
> consideration.

Nice work! Welcome to the team!

We have an overview of how to get started here; you already have steps 1
& 2 completed (great :) ).

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_Design_Team

Next, if you haven't already done so, you'll want to create a Fedora
account and pick out a ticket to work on in our ticket system:

https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/

And please feel free to ask for help completing the ticket either here
on in our IRC channel, #fedora-design on irc.freenode.net.

As I just explained to Farid, we have meetings on IRC every 2 weeks
(also in #fedora-design, irc.freenode.net.) We go through the ticket
queue during those meetings and often tickets come up that need someone
to work on them, so the meeting is a good opportunity to find a ticket
to work on as well.