[Fedora-desktop-list] changing Gnome panel buttons

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Nov 19 21:27:16 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 12:40, Troy Dawson wrote:
> Thank you for pointing me towards the right list.  This is the third fedora
> list I've tried, and I guess maybe the fourth will be the right one.

Apologies, Brent just fixed up the list description on the list server.
It certainly wasn't clear.

> 75% of my users want want the terminal server icon on the panels, for both KDE
> and Gnome.  The other 25% don't care.

We're looking at the broader Windows-replacement desktop though, not
just historical unix users.

Certainly it's possible to customize the defaults for each site, and it
would make sense in your case. I believe Red Hat IT dept has a kickstart
setup or package tweaks to configure the default panel for RHEL3 for Red
Hat internal users.

Havoc