[Fedora-desktop-list] Changing default Gnome panel buttons - please

Trae McCombs occy at occy.net
Fri Nov 21 15:41:47 UTC 2003

Hey Troy,

I could be totally wrong here, but I did some checking and a friend of
mine, suggested maybe this area:
/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/apps/panel/default_setup/objects

I don't know if that's right or not... but it's some place to start.  I
would also consider hanging on #gnome perhaps...  on irc.gnome.org  I'm
"occy" there if you need any help.  Maybe together we can fixx0r it. :)

Trae

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 10:23, Troy Dawson wrote:
> Hello Again,
> I have now been told by every fedora mailling list that this is indeed
> the list to ask this question.
>
> I can understand if most of you don't any idea how to do this, but the
> person who makes the changes for Fedora should be on this list and if
> he, or any one else knows how, please as least give me a bigger hint
> than RTFM.  After reading at least 50 of them, two versions of the gnome
> administration manual (2.2 and 2.4), along with the user manuals that go
> with them, and so much code and changelogs that I'm rather sick of
> them.  I'd like to sum it all up from one of the Austin Power movies.
>
> "Throw me a friggin bone"
>
> What file, or set of files, do you need to modify, to change the default
> gnome-panel buttons?
> By default I mean the buttons that a newly created user would see.
>
> Troy Dawson
>

> --
Trae McCombs
http://occy.net/