"Professionalism" syntax

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Nov 12 15:45:22 UTC 2004

> I understand your point (and i have no problems with it *myself*), but
> if my manager came to me complaining about "hey! That new Linux-thingy,
> you installed, it popped up "penis" on my projector, while i was
> presenting our might-be new customers a new product!" and i never even
> had thought of the posibility - i would have been bloody damn embarassed
> and angry.

So you're kowtowing to a purely hypothetical, corporate, prurient
interest?

I don't want a distribution I work on censored b/c someone is afraid
their screensaver might offend a customer.

If people are concerned about 'decency' in certain packages then let
them add a distribution-nanny package that cleans these things up.

yum install frightened_of_naughty_words.noarch

-sv