"Professionalism" syntax

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Sat Nov 13 17:11:35 UTC 2004

lør, 13.11.2004 kl. 17.56 skrev seth vidal:

> > > What if I happen to be in the world's oldest profession?
> > >

> > You are not. Unless the physics dept. at duke is something else than i
> > might believe.
> >
> > > I think you're generalizing overly much and making far too sweeping
> > > assumptions about mores and values.
> > >
> > > -sv
> >
> > I might. But who will miss it?
>
> I will.

you know how to use yum to get them :P

> > It is a reason Apple and even M$ don't ship screensavers with words that
> > might be misunderstood.
>
> I thought it was b/c they weren't nearly as interesting.

Do a nice screensaver need to contain anything that might get misjugded?

But can we *please* stop this war? It is getting mor stupid by each
post. No-body is suggesting to remove everything funny (such as what
should happen to anybody configuring gdm to run as root, according to
the gdmsetup help file), but simply:
-removing screensavers containing words which can be misjudged
-splitting the screensaver rpm into a "fit for you grandma's computer"-
and a "needs hw GL"- package - so that you could kill the last one
easily.