What's wrong with backing store?

Steffen Kluge kluge at fujitsu.com.au
Wed Oct 6 06:28:05 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 16:17 +0200, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:
> With that, do you get "streaks" and "smears" when you drag a window?
>
> Hmm.. maybe an idea to turn it on then. How do i do it? RTFM? (man
> xorg.conf ?)

I do know how to turn it on. My point was that it *always* seems to be
disabled by default, and I feel I'm always swimming against the current
by stubbornly turning it on. I just want to understand the rationale
behind not having it on by default.

Cheers
Steffen.

> What do you mean with "modern hardware"?

I should have said "contemporary" rather than "modern". What I mean is,
say, an Athlon XP 2600+ 1GB RAM, NVidia GeForce FX5200 128MB. Rather
cheap but reasonably fast stuff.

Cheers
Steffen.