FC3 background

Ricardo Veguilla veguilla at hpcf.upr.edu
Tue Oct 12 08:43:09 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 08:17 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Ricardo Veguilla wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 11:11 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> >>i have on that page a couple of (pretty lame) backgrounds, in a smaller
> >>resolution but in scalable format (SVG)
> >

> > I'm curious, will it be possible add transparency to some of those backgrounds?
>
> transparency? yes this is possible (is easy for SVG) but what is the
> purpose? what can be under background?

A color (solid or gradient) to match my desktop theme.

For example, I modified the old fedora default background (the dark
blue/purple flowers background) to use transparency so I could change
the color to red or green.

Check this examples:
http://art.gnome.org/backgrounds/gnome/188/
http://art.gnome.org/backgrounds/gnome/179/