GNOME Menu Editing

Ricardo Veguilla veguilla at hpcf.upr.edu
Thu Sep 9 01:40:39 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 20:20 -0400, Paul Vandenberg wrote:

> As far as I know, it was Red Hat that disabled it, not GNOME. In fact,
> I read that the menu editing was improved in the upcoming GNOME 2.8. I
> was hoping that this would make Red Hat (Fedora) turn it back on
> again. It is frustrating that repeated calls for menu editing are
> falling on deaf ears! If Mandrake wasn't a GNOME release behind, I
> would consider switching.
>
> Paul

Well, I don't know whats Fedora (Red Hat... whatever) position regarding
menu editing, but if you check the GNOME mailing list archive
(http://mail.gnome.org) you will find its true that menu editing isn't a
high priority problem for the GNOME team for many valid reasons.

Besides, I don't know if the GNOME team was planning to improve menu
editing in for the Gnome 2.8, but as far as I can tell (and I'm
currently running Gnome 2.7) there is no visible improvement
whatsoever.

I'm not speaking for the GNOME Developers in any way, this is only my
understanding of the situation as a mailing list lurker.

--
Ricardo Veguilla <veguilla at hpcf.upr.edu>