Changes to firefox FC3

Sean Bruno sean.bruno at dsl-only.net
Sat Apr 9 23:43:20 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 18:15 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 14:25 -0700, Sean Bruno wrote:
> > I was just diagnosing an issue with JavaScript versions for my
> > university studies and noted that the version of JavaScript changed from
> > the initial release of FC3 with the first update to firefox.
>
> When updating packages in Fedora, we usually bump to latest upstream
> version instead of back-porting fixes. So, yes, this is probably
> intentional. More information here
>
>  http://fedora.redhat.com/about/rhel.html
>
> Cheers,
> David

Thanks.  Just curious though, I grabbed the version of 1.0.2 from mozilla.org
and it has JS 1.5 .  I don't see anything in the release notes for any
of the RPM's that would indicate a change in the version.

So, I'm guessing that someone unintentionally changed the version when
the package was built.  Or maybe intentionally?

Sean