Synaptic not feeling well

Nils Breunese breun at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 2 14:10:09 UTC 2005

> This message is posted two two lists as I am quite uncertain as to
> which of them would be less unappropriate.

This is the list for Fedora Desktop Development, you might ask this kind
of questions on the Fedora users list.

> Today, when I went to open synaptic from the kde menu on FC3, I
> noticed that it was missing! So I opened it from a terminal, but
> cannot update- no matter what I try to update I get this error (or one
> vey similar):
>
> APT system reports:
> E: Unknown signature
> /var/cache/apt/archives/taglib_0%3a1.3.1-1_i386.rpm: (SHA1) DSA sha1
> md5 (GPG) NOT OK (MISSING KEYS: GPG#1ac70ce6)
> E: Unknown signature
> /var/cache/apt/archives/amarok_0%3a1.1.0-2_i386.rpm: (SHA1) DSA sha1
> md5 (GPG) NOT OK (MISSING KEYS: GPG#1ac70ce6)
> E: Error(s) while checking package signatures:
> 0 unsigned package(s)
> 2 package(s) with unknown signatures
> 0 package(s) with illegal/corrupted signatures
>
> Um, what can I do? I should probably mention that I have about two
> weeks of linux experience under my belt.

It seems you added the Fedora Pre-Extras repository, but that you have not
imported its GPG key yet. Execute this command to import the key:

rpm --import
http://fedoraproject.org/pre-extras/RPM-GPG-KEY-Fedora-Pre-Extras

Nils Breunese.
--
"I got a funny feeling they got plastic in the afterlife" - Beck