Make consolehelper more liske sudo?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Mar 3 20:02:35 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 02:34:51PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> All this "end user desktop" stuff that requires root I consider a bug
> btw, if you want to file a bugzilla for the individual items that would
> be helpful. If you get NOTABUG/WONTFIX from someone at Red Hat let me
> know and I'll tell them they are wrong.

I wouldn't want just anyone to have the ability to run many of the
system-config apps just because they're sitting at the console, though. What
do you think about making the UGROUPS=wheel thing the default? (Or some
other group like "admin"....)

We also patch system-config-users to have an easy checkbox for wheel group
membership and to display that in a column on the Users tab (right after
Primary Group).