Some more OOo 2 questions.

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 22:36:31 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 16:06 -0600, Gain Paolo Mureddu wrote:
>     I was following the OOo 2's locale and language packs discussion,
> however I may lack some background here... And hence I have some questions:
>
> 1.- Are the Fedora folks involved in any way on OOo 2 development?

Caolan and I work on OOo for Red Hat.  We both have a fairly long
history with the OOo project, Caolan longer than I.  We've both
contributed code to the project.

> 2.- Is there a test build for Fedora or something? Or the only way to
> get OOo 2 Beta is from the project's official site only?

Test RPMs are in Rawhide.

> 2bis.- In the event you get the packages from openoffice.org's site,
> will installing them remove/overwrite OOo 1.1.3?

They should not.

> 3.- Once OOo 2 is released, most probably Core 4 will include it, but
> will be also made available for previous versions of Fedora by means of
> the Extras repository? (this would actually be cool!)

Most likely not, since the build process uses a lot of the gcj/gij
stuff, which only got up to speed with GCC 4.0, which will not be
released for FC3.

Dan