startup screen with keyboard.

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Thu Mar 10 23:19:10 UTC 2005

On Thursday 10 March 2005 05:35 pm, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I sometimes have problems when I switch computers on my KVM: the mouse
> stops working in Fedora when I switch back to Fedora. A reset fixes
> it- so I know that the KVM and the cables are ok. How can I 'restart'
> the mouse without rebooting? Thanks!
>
> Dotan Cohen
> http://English-Lyrics.com
> http://Song-Lyriks.com

The error I have seen on many machines regardless of the operating system that
is being used.

I suspect it has to do with the hardware/firmware associated with certian
motherboards.

You should be able to reinitialize the mouse port by reinitializing the mouse
driver/module.

(Its gpm for terminals and ??? for X.
--
John H Ludwig